It seems that when I find something new to do with my hair, I keep it that way for a LONG time. For almost an entire semester I kept my short hair curled by using a non-barrel curling iron. Which, by the way, is the only curling iron I’ve used (and trust me I’ve tried plenty!) that keeps my hair curled. I never even needed hair spray! After the curl phase, I straightened my hair. Now, it’s all about the scrunched and wavy look! The beach wave has been and still is a popular hairdo. I’m able to accomplish it with just a few easy steps.
1) After my shower, I french braid my hair while it’s still wet. I don’t blow dry it, I don’t air dry it, I braid it while it’s still dripping water. If any part of the braid is loose, I’ll bobby pin it. Then I go to bed.
2) In the morning, I undo the braid. Because my hair was wet the night before, it’s damp after coming out of the braid. The damp hair is perfect for moussing it.
3) Using the Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Mousse, I spray some in my hand and simply scrunch it into my hair. Don’t be afraid of the mousse! I put as much as I need. I scrunch from the bottom to top, making sure that every part of my head gets an equal amount of mousse.
4) I then flip my head and scrunch, again from the bottom to top.
5) The last step is optional even though the mousse bottle recommends it be done. You can blow dry your hair to keep the waves in tact. I don’t dry my hair, and the waves still stay in tact.
That’s it! In four (or five) easy steps, you can have effortless and playful hair that looks like you just came from the beach! This hair will definitely put you in the mood for summer!